NORTH TEXAS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
1905 Doctors Hospital Dr., Bridgeport
North Texas Community Hospital is a non-profit hospital that will celebrate its fifth anniversary in August.
Accredited by DNV (Det Norske Veritas), North Texas Community provides acute care services in the 36-bed facility.
The hospital prides itself on customer service with 28 active physicians and 23 consulting physicians that work hand-in-hand with clinical and support personnel to provide care for the community.
The 99,852-square-foot facility provides the following services:
- emergency department – NTCH boasts Wise County’s only residency trained ABEM Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician who serves as the medical director of the department. The ER staff cares for life-threatening illnesses and injuries 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A full-time ER physician is always on duty and the wait times to see the physician average 17 minutes.
- intensive care unit – Treating critically ill patients is the function of the four-bed ICU unit. A team of physician specialists, nurses and therapists work in conjunction with the patient’s primary care physician. The needs of the patient and their families are attended to in a setting that is equipped with the latest technology and delivers medical care for seriously ill patients.
- medical surgical – The medical surgical unit cares for many types of patients from pediatrics to geriatrics and is comprised of physicians, nurses, therapists and techs who work together to provide compassionate, total patient care.
- labor and delivery – NTCH offers family-centered obstetrical services. The caring and attentive staff ensure that labor, delivery and post-partum care provide a great beginning for our smallest of patients.
- surgical – Advanced laparoscopic general surgery as well as orthopedic, gynecological, urological and podiatric procedures are performed in the OR department.
- radiology/imaging – X-ray, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, echocardiography, Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) provide diagnosis support to the physicians. The new nuclear medicine department provides a unique form of imaging that provides the physicians with more information about the structure and the function of the body’s organs. Nuclear medicine provides a way to gather medical information that otherwise would be unavailable, require surgery, or necessitate more expensive diagnostic tests. It is open five days a week.
- clinical laboratory – Clinical and pathological testing is available around the clock with analysis of specimens by advanced instrumentation. The lab is Joint Commission and CLIA certified and provides a full range of diagnostic testing.
- physical therapy/rehabilitation – The specialized staff provide therapy to inpatients while in the hospital or outpatient care following discharge or upon referral. The ultimate goal is to assist patients in reaching their maximum potential through prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries or illness. The outpatient rehabilitation department is located in the 36,000-square-foot medical office building adjoining the hospital. This building is also home to several physician specialist offices including Bridgeport’s first full-time cardiologist as well as a sleep lab.
In addition to the clinical staff who provide direct patient care, the hospital provides support services including patient and family meals from the dietary department, a gift shop run by a group that supports the hospital’s mission, a corps of chaplains who provide support to patients and families when needed as well as other services.
WISE REGIONAL HEALTH SYSTEM
- 2000 S. FM 51, Decatur
Wise Regional Health System provides inpatient and outpatient services to Wise and surrounding counties. It is affiliated with Baylor Health Care System and operates 148 acute care beds in two facilities. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
The 176,000-square-foot facility provides the following services:
- 24-hour emergency services – A 27-bed Level IV trauma facility staffed 24 hours a day with emergency medicine physicians and registered nurses specially trained in pediatric and adult acute care. Also a designated Primary Stroke Center and Chest Paint Center w/PCI with Air Evac LifeTeam for air-transfer of patients to major trauma care facilities if needed.
- bariatric surgery – A Bariatric Center of Excellence with three surgical options for weight loss, including LapBand, gastric bypass and gastric sleeve. Providing extensive patient education, personalized diet and exercise programs, support groups.
- behavioral health services – Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient mental health services offering psychotherapy, recreation and pet therapy as well as neuro-psychological testing and medication stabilization.
- birthing center – Spacious, private delivery suites. Registered nurses on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- level II nursery
- cancer treatment and services – Commission on cancer approved, providing patients the latest technology in cancer treatment, including medical oncology, radiation oncology through management of treatment plans, therapies, and evaluations of the patient’s progress.
- cardiovascular services – Advanced cardiovascular program with a full continuum of care, including an open heart program, Interventional cardiology, specialized care for cardiac patients in our cardiac care unit, advanced diagnostic procedures performed in the only cardiac catheter lab in Wise County, inpatient and outpatient heart and lung diagnostic testing, and a cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program.
- dialysis (inpatient and outpatient) – 24 comfortable treatment areas with the latest technology and advanced equipment. Each station is equipped with its own television and headphones.
- gastroenterology – Diagnostic and treatment services to patients with diseases affecting the digestive tract, liver and pancreas, including: gastroesophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcer disease, swallowing disorders, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, gallstones and pancreatitis.
- Imaging services – ACR Certified facility with a wide variety of detailed, high resolution 3D images to aid in diagnosis and treatment: 64-slice CT scanner, PET/CT scanner, Closed/Open CT, MRI and X-ray/Ultrasound. Services also available at the satellite imaging centers in Bridgeport and Alliance.
- inpatient rehabilitation – Individualized treatment for patients with neurological and physical conditions with the goal of helping patients gain back mobility and function, helping them to rediscover their independent lifestyle.
- intensive care unit – Equipped with the most advanced monitoring equipment to provide continuing specialized care with a neurologist and pulmonologist on staff and nurses cross-trained to work ER and CCU.
- primary Medical Clinics – Family medical services with locations in Decatur, Boyd and Bridgeport.
- sleep studies (two sites) – Treating medical disorders that affect sleep patterns, including insomnia, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome and sleep apnea.
- spine surgery – Procedures include: herniated disc, bulging disc, degenerative disc, bone spurs, pinched nerve, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, fusions. Serving patients in Decatur and Alliance.
- sports medicine and interventional pain services – Services for all levels of athletes, from amateur to professional. A Center of Excellence in managing muscle, bone, joint and spine disorders and injuries. Services include: athletic physicals, consult for return to play/work, joint injections, strength/conditioning programs, performance analysis, treatment for sprains, strains simple fractures and lacerations, stress management, medications, physical therapy and exercise.
- therapy services – Individualized care aimed at returning patients to their fullest level of independence. A full range of therapy services, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech/language therapy, aquatic therapy, pediatric therapy and wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- ear, nose and throat
- vascular surgery